QMEA is seeking a Music Festival Administrator
The Quebec Music Educators Association (QMEA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the needs of all music educators and in particular those teaching in English throughout Quebec.
- Under the direction and supervision of the QMEA executive committee, the Festival Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day preparation and management of the Festival and the Gala Concert.
- The Festival Administrator position is a package contract of $2000 with additional stipend on a 15% percentage basis according to sponsorship attained.
- The ideal candidate will begin working beginning January 2016 and conclude in June 2016.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Attending executive committee meetings pertaining to festival updates
- Creation and distribution of advertisements for the Festival (flyer distribution and social media publicity), participation application, press releases, sponsorship, acknowledgements, Festival Booklet, Gala Concert Programme, Festival Award Certificates
- General clerical duties (creation of database of participant entries, responding to enquiries and requests, ordering supplies, filing)
- Financial accounting (data entry re registration, payment of participants’ fees, payment of adjudicators fees, balancing and reporting Festival budget)
- Communicating with Federation of Canadian Music Festivals Director (Tom Davidson)
- Booking Festival and Gala concert venues
- Hiring experienced Festival Adjudicators
- Finding volunteers for welcome table and secretaries for adjudicators
- Book catering for adjudicators’ lunch
- Creating a timetable and scheduling the Festival and Gala Concert
- Attending and hosting the Festival and Gala Concert
General Qualities and Qualifications
- Experience with organizations and event management/production
- Capacity to work with minimal direct supervision
- Organizational and reporting skills
- Computer skills (email, word processing, database creation, social media)
- Knowledge of Simply Accounting, bookkeeping, and data entry
- Written and oral communication skills in English and French
- MUSIC DEGREE AN ASSET
Please send CV to: [email protected]